The rotator cuff is a congested area, comprised of four different muscles surrounding the shoulder joint. They act like cables on a suspension bridge, coordinating movement and enhancing shoulder stability. Because the shoulder area is a heavily used joint in sports and exercise, many people find themselves with rotator cuff injuries.
1. Stretch before exercising.
2. Strengthen the rotator cuff.
3. Strengthen the core and lower extremities.
4. Re-establish proper throwing mechanics.
5. Use ice and anti-inflammatories as needed.