Warmer weather brings out more cyclists, but the key to enjoying this hobby is to stay safe! Follow these simple tips to keep safe while biking:
- Inspect your bike for proper functionality, especially if it’s been in the garage all winter.
- Always wear a helmet that securely fits your head.
- Wear sunglasses to increase visibility and protect eyes from debris.
- Use reflectors and lights on your bike and clothing to be seen at night.
- Recognized as legal vehicles, bikes must obey traffic laws. Be aware of traffic signs and signal lane changes, especially when sharing the road with larger vehicles.