A recent article in Newsweek Magazine reports that tree prices will increase 5-10% due to an “undersupply” this holiday season.
Veterans Day is a national holiday in the United States, honoring those who’ve served in the U.S. armed forces. In our world of political divide, there shouldn’t be any question that the troops who’ve fought for our country deserve their day. These men and women put their lives on the line so we can enjoy our freedoms. Here are some ways to say thanks and give back:
Father’s Day is around the corner, and though the traditional necktie or mug are practical, get creative and spend some time with Dad doing something fun! Consider these options:
- Concerts: Always a great experience with Dad if you enjoy the same music.
- Fishing: The bank of a pond or deep-sea boat both offer great bonding time and excitement.
- Sports game: Who doesn’t love Fenway on a summer night?
- Breweries: Boston boasts a ton of craft breweries. Get an Uber and make a day of tastings and tours.
- Museums: History buff? Art aficionado? Boston has plenty of museums and galleries.
Mother’s Day is all about celebrating the women who’ve raised us, and although there are many ways to say thank you, a classy brunch with family and friends always creates a memorable, relaxing holiday.
As a former teacher, I know firsthand how rewarding it can be, but also how challenging and tiring it can be.