I sit in my office with phones and internet down. Staff has scattered to coffee shops, and our provider cannot service us until tomorrow. I feel anxious, angry and out of touch. Disconnected is distressing.
– Removes feelings of Facebook envy.
– Helps us find solitude.
– Encourages creation over consumption.
– Allows us to participate in life.
– Promotes real relationships.
Disconnecting in the solitude of the Serengeti will be magical; disconnected by my cable provider – not so much so.
– Betsie Gambel, The New Orleans 100