For Irish Americans, St. Patrick’s Day is full of green beer and exciting parades, but rarely do we celebrate in authentic Irish style. Try some of these unique cultural traditions this year!
• Start your day with a fried Irish breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, potato farls, baked beans and black pudding, washed down with a cup of tea!
• Watch the popular Gaelic Hurling and Football Championship Games held each year on March 17.
• Drink a Guinness NOT a Car Bomb – that’s an American cocktail.
• Listen to Irish folk music such as The Clancy Brothers or The Bothy Band.
– Devin Thompson, The Boston 100