Cyberattacks can have severe impacts on businesses and employees, including the loss of data, money, important documents and classified information. Alias Infosec, a cybersecurity and digital forensics company, recommends these tips to stay secure when working remotely:
• Use company-issued devices that are equipped with firewall and antivirus software and refrain from using public computers.
• Routinely update software on all devices.
• Connect to a virtual private network (VPN) to securely send sensitive data.
• Set up two-factor authentication.
• Connect to secure Wi-Fi.
• Use strong passwords and update them often.
If you’re victim of a cyberattack, contact Alias Infosec to investigate the incident quickly.