What is the true legacy of the Puritans in Boston? After hailing from England and settling the bay area in 1630, they created a wide variety of laws to control the city as it expanded.
Surprisingly, a few of these traditional laws are still technically in effect today. Here are the ones you might not believe:
• You must have a special license to wear a goatee.
• It is illegal to snore at night with the windows open.
• You must have a prescription from your doctor to take a bath.
• It is illegal for women to wear heels taller than 3 inches.
– Margot Calmar, The 100 Companies