Maine and Massachusetts are forever linked by history, and my home state was a part of the Bay Colony until 1820. Here are some fun facts about the connection:
1. Maine and Massachusetts are just two of four states to celebrate Patriots’ Day.
2. The Portland Sea Dogs are the double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox.
3. Portland native Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote “Paul Revere’s Ride.”
4. The Maine Red Claws are the D-League representative of the Boston Celtics.
5. My childhood home in Portland was built in 1799 … 20 years before Maine became its own state.