My name is Liz Oberacker, and I am the owner/lead photographer of Pure Style Photography out of Hudson, Massachusetts. I will be celebrating my 10th year in business this November. I specialize in lifestyle portrait, wedding and event photography. I was thrilled when The Boston 100 asked me to share some inside tricks for getting the perfect photo.
As a fashion and portrait photographer, I often get asked for advice on what to wear, or what NOT to wear, during a headshot photo session. My advice includes:
- Unless you are an attorney or CEO, stay away from stiff suits. Think layers and textures instead to achieve a more approachable yet professional appearance.
- Less is more. Don’t wear big jewelry, scarfs or distracting prints or patterns.
- Solid colors will make you stand out and blue looks great on everyone.
- Make sure your clothes are ironed and fit your body.
- Present the most genuine smile possible – people notice the difference.
Scrolling, scrolling and scrolling! You have so many fun photographs on your phone but aren’t sure what to do with them.