Picking a Halloween costume takes effort and creativity and most of us end up leaving it until the very last minute. This means each year there are a dozens of women in cat ears or men in Superman shirts at any given Halloween party.
If you plan on winning most creative, avoid these basic costume ideas:
• Devil or angel.
• Wearing a jersey and going as a professional athlete.
• Firefighter or police officer.
• Wearing a flannel and calling yourself a lumberjack.
• Bunny, or any costume that only involves wearing fake ears.
• Any superhero or villain.
Think outside the box this year.
– Colleen Longley, The Boston 100