As a fashion and portrait photographer, I often get asked for advice on what to wear, or what NOT to wear, during a headshot photo session. My advice includes:
- Unless you are an attorney or CEO, stay away from stiff suits. Think layers and textures instead to achieve a more approachable yet professional appearance.
- Less is more. Don’t wear big jewelry, scarfs or distracting prints or patterns.
- Solid colors will make you stand out and blue looks great on everyone.
- Make sure your clothes are ironed and fit your body.
- Present the most genuine smile possible – people notice the difference.