In the past decade alone, the number of Americans working from home has increased by 115 percent. But with this shift, employees need to learn the best ways to stay productive outside the office. Here are some tips for excelling at work, from the comfort of your home:
• Have a space exclusively for working, and keep it organized.
• Structure your day like you would in the office, and stick to defined hours.
• Don’t stay in pajamas. Shower and change into appropriate work attire.
• Stay in touch with your colleagues and clients. Be sure to plan in-person meetings or events.
– Chloe Chitvanni, The Boston 100