As a CEO, I’ve been on hundreds of new business pitches. Below are some tips to make you stand out from the competition:
• Arrive early – on time is late. Company executives want to know you’re eager for their business.
• Dig deep – find out why they need your services. What pain are they feeling? How can you address it?
• Define the metrics you’ll use to measure success.
• Listen more than you speak – let the client define the scope then offer ideas using past work examples illustrating ways you can meet their needs.
• Handwritten thank you notes leave a lasting, favorable impression.